Reservations are now being taken for the 2018 season. Reservations can be made on-line, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01756 795771.
Payments may be made by Paypal or Credit Card.
A £250 non refundable deposit will be requested at the time of booking to reserve your Campervan.
The balance will be requested 6 weeks before your hire period is due to commence (we’ll send you a reminder) and if you have ordered additional chargeable items such as bedding or towel packs we’ll ask for these to be paid for at the same time so that we can make sure your van is absolutely ready for you on your day of departure.
If your booking is made less than 6 weeks before your holiday is due to commence, 100% of the fee will be requested at the time of booking.
A refundable £500 damage deposit must also be paid before the van can be handed over to you. This can be taken from a credit card on the day of pick-up, or paid by electronic transfer to arrive in our account the day before pick-up to ensure that there are no problems on the day itself. This deposit will be refunded within 5 working days of the van being returned in the same condition as at the start of your hire.
Reservation / Booking Process
Once you have selected your holiday dates you can start the booking process by:
- Highlighting your chosen dates on the availability calendar and then clicking the “Reserve” button. You will then be asked to enter the information we need to progress your booking.
- Emailing your requested dates to email@example.com – we’ll get in touch to progress your booking, or you can get ahead by sending the information outlined in the Booking Guide checklist.
Please note your holiday is not confirmed until the requested payment is received and receipt of your deposit has been acknowledged by email. This will be confirmation that your booking has been accepted and your Campervan reserved.
Minimum Booking Period
You may hire a Campervan for a full week, a long weekend (3 nights) or for weekdays (4 nights)
- Weekly hire runs from Friday (pick up between 15.00 and 17.00) to Friday (drop off between 9.00 and 11.00)
- A Long Weekend hire runs from Friday (pick up between 15.00 and 17.00) to Monday (drop off between 9.00 and 11.00)
- A Weekday hire runs from Monday (pick up between 15.00 and 17.00) to Friday (drop off between 9.00 and 11.00).
Generally speaking, anyone between the ages of 25 and 75 with a clean full UK or EU driving licence and no motoring or other convictions is eligible to hire a Dales Campervan. If you don’t quite meet the criteria please do get in touch as it may still be possible to arrange a hire – perhaps with a small insurance excess.
A second driver can be added for a small additional charge of £25. You will have the opportunity to add a second driver during the booking process.
Please do check carefully that you can meet the requirements for Insurance as if on the day these cannot be met we will be unable to release the Campervan to you and you will forfeit any payments made.
Documents required for pick-up
On pick-up day please ensure that every driver has with them
- a full valid UK driving licence
- your national insurance number (needed so that we can carry out an online DVLA licence check)*
- 2 additional recent (last 60 days) documents for proof of address for example utility bills, bank statements, etc but not a mobile phone bill.
* The online DVLA licence check is a new requirement placed on us by our insurance company. If you bring your driving licence and NI number we can do this check on the day of pick-up, or you can authorise us to carry out this check in advance via the DVLA Website
In the unfortunate event that you need to cancel your holiday, the following fees will apply
- More than 6 weeks – your deposit will be forfeited but no further payment will be requested.
- Between 6 weeks – 2 weeks : 50% of total hire charge.
- 2 weeks – no show : 100% of total hire charge